Barry Watkins Receives Honourary Award
Barry Watkins Receives Honourary Hector and Rita Sonier Award at CMOW’s Volunteer Recognition Celebration and AGM
On September 25, 2014, CMOW celebrated 30 years of caring at their volunteer recognition celebration and AGM by recognizing their volunteers for their years of service. Volunteers enjoyed an evening with great food, entertainment, an interesting historical presentation by the former President of the Historical Society, Heather Broadbent, and an awards ceremony.
Long-time volunteer and past CMOW Board President, Barry Watkins, was honoured for his years of service with the agency by being awarded the prestigious Hector and Rita Sonier Award. The award is given to an outstanding volunteer in memory of Hector Sonier, a founding board member and long-time volunteer with CMOW.
Volunteers received years of service pins and local MPP, Sylvia Jones was in attendance, presenting volunteers with scrolls for their dedication to the organization.
The following volunteers were thanked for their years of service:
- Frances Baldesarra, Dale Dee, Brad Hains, Kathy Kovats, Sandra Mascarenhas and Gisela Stellar for five years
- Carol Ohlers, Margaret Cunning, Karen Thomas, Jane Lyndon, Fiona Meuller and Anne Sylvester for ten years
- Nancy Gunn and Scott Jefferies for fifteen years
- Anna Mazzola and Herb Workman for twenty years
- Russell Noble and Barry Watkins for thirty years
Corporate supporters and volunteers, the Royal Bank Branches, Mars Canada and Scotiabank in Orangeville were also recognized for their commitment to the community.
Recently retired volunteers, John and Anne Green, were also recognized for their combined forty-one years of service!
For more pictures of the event, please click here.