Caledon Meals on Wheels hosts Italian Dinner
Caledon Meals on Wheels hosts Italian Dinner in Inglewood
Bolton, ON, March 30, 2015– With the recent opening of Inglewood Schoolhouse Performers’ “How Does Your Garden Grow?, Caledon Meals on Wheels was presented with the opportunity to offer an Italian dinner before their performance on March 28th.
The team rallied and pulled off an authentic Italian culinary delight, which included ceasar salad, chicken parmesan and pasta. Preparing dinner for 66 guests could not have been pulled off without some help from our community and we would like to recognize each one of their contribution.
- Garden Foods Market in Bolton prepared the delicious chicken parmesan and pasta.
- Zehrs in Bolton donated all the ingredients to prepare the yummy ceasar salad, refreshments and two wonderful cakes for our sweet tooth!
- Paganelli’s Bar-Osteria in Bolton complemented the meal with their penne in a rose sauce.
- Spirit Tree Estate Cidery in Caledon baked some fresh artisan breads.
We also thank the following local businesses for their contribution to our draw:
- The Naked Vine in Bolton donated a gift basket
- Melted Treats in Bolton spoiled the winner with a basket loaded with chocolates
- Woolwich Dairy from Orangeville donated a fresh cheese basket
- Snowberry Botanicals from Erin made the room extra special with their decorations and donated three flower arrangements.
The evening was a success due to the hard work of Lynn Wood who secured the donations and added her decorating flair to the room. Our team of hard working volunteers and staff made it all happen by preparing and serving dinner.
We sincerely want to thank Larry Flint and the Inglewood Schoolhouse Performers and the Inglewood United Church for this opportunity to raise awareness about the services we offer in the community and for donating all the proceeds from the dinner to Caledon Meals on Wheels.
For more information about our programs or to volunteer, please call Caledon Meals on Wheels at 905-584-2992.