Caledon Meals on Wheels – Gift Card Survivor
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a resident of Ontario and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. All entries must include your first and last name and email address, phone number. Contest closes on Sunday May 30th, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
2. To enter the contest, tickets are purchased online through the CanadaHelps- Caledon Meals on Wheels events page website. All Contestants are required to purchase an entry ticket of $25 and are able to purchase additional chances to win for $10 each up to a maximum of 10 additional tickets (for a maximum total of 11 chances to win). Should an individual want to purchase more chances to win they must purchase another entry ticket for $25 and then are able to purchase up to 10 other chances to win.
3. All entry tickets ($25) and additional tickets ($10) will be entered into the draw for the contestants chance to win. There will be 19 elimination draws will be held during the weekdays throughout from the period starting from Wednesday June 2, 2021 and ending Monday, June 28, 2021. These elimination tickets will be randomly selected and all results will be broadcasted live on social media and also posted for contestants to see the results of each elimination draw. Chances of winning are based on the number of total tickets received.
4. Prizes: Are awarded as gift cards. The total prize pool available is determined by the number of entry tickets ($25) that have been purchased. The total amount raised through the $25 entry tickets will be replaced by gift cards/ certificates of equal value from a variety of local businesses in Caledon, Orangeville and surrounding areas. For Example- 120 entry tickets are sold (at $25 each) would result in a total prize pool of $3000 worth of gift cards. The additional tickets (at $10 each) are not counted as part of the prize pool but do increase contestant’s chances of winning.
5. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes are awarded to the last 3 ticket holders who have not been drawn. The 3rd last ticket drawn receives the 3rd place prize (10% of the prize pool), 2nd last ticket drawn receives the 2nd place prize (20% of the prize pool) and the last remaining ticket receives the 1st place prize (70% of the prize pool). The prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold and is not convertible to cash. CMOW reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part. For Example- if $3000 was raised the 3rd place winner would receive $300 in gift cards, 2nd place winner would receive $600 in gift cards; 1st place winner would receive $2100 in gift cards
6. CMOW will announce the winners live on CMOW Facebook on June 28, 2021 as well as post their names on the CMOW website and on the posted elimination list. In the event the winners cannot be contacted 1 year after the date of the draw the prizes will be used for other charitable activities deemed acceptable by the CMOW Board of Directors.
7. This Contest is subject to the laws of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada as may be applicable.
8. By entering this Contest the purchasers acknowledge the rules and agree to abide by them.